200 hour Yin Yoga Therapy
€1,650.00 – €2,899.00
Yoga Foundations & Yin Yoga Healing with Daoist Elements, Meridians, Acu Points & Mindfulness
Want to learn a style of yoga that’s focused on bringing balance – physically, energetically and mentally? Get all the knowledge to start teaching with a focus on Yin Yoga in this month-long training and gain the certificate to share it.
For an embodied experience of the theory behind the practice students will have the opportunity to teach from the second week onwards. Stretched over 4 weeks there is time to practice teaching and the student will leave this training feeling confident to lead a yin yoga therapy class.
Yin Yoga waves all layers of our being -body, energy and mind- into a seamless whole, allowing a sublime experience of stillness and peace. The stillness of the long held static stretches with relaxed muscles in Yin Yoga allows the space for awareness and the opportunity to reveal and release deep layers of tension held within your fascia. The healing wisdom of the Daoist philosophy and the Meridians provides insight and guidance.
In this Yin Yoga Therapy Training you get an unique opportunity to learn to release physical and emotional tension, free stagnant or blocked energy, and to cultivate a peaceful quality of mind. By practicing Yin we are practicing acceptance and surrender, connecting our body to a Zen state of mind and we create the space to allow energetic and physical healing to take place.
In our 200hrs training you get to know the basics of a classical yoga teacher training plus we will guide you through a journey through all the Daoist elements and their healing wisdom. There is no specific prerequisite required but an open mind and commitment to put some work into your personal development. You will learn all about the ancient wisdom of the main Acupuncture Meridians and Chi flow in the body. We will give you a deep insight in each element and the correlating acupuncture meridians and organs. Find out more about their subconscious value and the applied body acupressure points and Yin Yoga poses to help balance those. In detail we explore each body target area and its correlation with the meridians. We explain you ways to emotional healing and the releasing of energetic blockages in the poses. As we put our bodies in certain positions different meridian energy streams get stimulated and we activate our body’s own healing powers.
You will get to know more about additional tools and different meditation techniques to support this process. We offer you insight into the power of visualization and breath, Yoga Nidra, Mantras, Mudras and Chakras. There will be different meditations, acupuncture healing sessions and chanting circles.
To complete a basic understanding of yoga in all its variations we will look into the anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body, in the Ayurvedic Dosha system and share different aspects of yoga philosophy and foundations like the eight limbs and Patanjalis yoga sutras.
In our Circles of Transformation we create a safe space to connect and share. Together we open the gates to a long lasting transformation.
€1,650.00 – €2,899.00
Incl. accommodation, meals & program
What you will learn
Yin Yoga Therapy Training
Yin Healing, Daoist Elements, Meridians, Acu Points, Mindfulness & Yoga Foundations
Foundation, Definition and Theory of Yin Yoga
- Soul & Mind
Yin Yoga Practice
- 35 regular yin yoga poses +
- Additional upper body poses, wall poses and modifications
- Functional and energetic aspects of the poses
- How and when to use probs
- 8-Points-Analysis Principle
- Special situations / Target areas
- Sequences for each Daoist element and each meridian
The Art of Teaching Yin
- Intention / Expression / Context / Tools
- The art of sequencing a yin class
- Embodied practical experience
Yin Therapy, Chi & the Meridian Flow in the Body
- Yin / yang / chi defined
- Five Daoist elements
- The three treasures
- 12 primary traditional Oriental Medicine Meridians & their healing wisdom
- Meridians addressed in each pose
- Energetic and emotional value of each pose
- Dan Tien Healing Breath
- Mindfulness history
- Concept and practice
Yoga Philosophy and Basic Foundations
- History and people
- Overview of different yoga styles
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Chakras, Koshas, Mudras & Mantras
- Spiritual Concepts
- Extracurricular Workshop 'Acupressure Points'
- Anatomy of the mind
- An invitation to mindful living
- Tools to transformation
- The power of visualisation & the Dan Tiens
- Overview of Oriental Medicine & Ayurveda
Basic Anatomy & the Theory of Exercise
- Muscular and skeletal system
- Biomechanical principles, joints and their movements
- Physiology such as nervous system, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive systems, respiratory system
- The vagal theory
- The physical theory of the practice
- Aesthetic vs. functional alignment
- Compression vs tension
- Understanding fascia and tensegrity
- The piezoelectric principle in the poses
- When and how to apply yin yoga principles in physical therapy to release pain
- Class management & general professionalism
- Marketing and promotion
- Credentialing process with Yoga Alliance
- Responsibility and accountability
- Scope of practice
- Code of Conduct
- Equity in yoga
Daily Yoga Practice
- Daily yin yoga immersion
- Morning class for self practice of dynamic yang styles of yoga for the balance
- Different active meditations
- Yoga Nidra
- Extracurricular Acupuncture and Reiki healing sessions
- Circle of transformation
- Sharing Circles
- Mindful sunset walks …
With successful completion of the training students will receive a Yoga Alliance affiliated Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from The Body-Mind-Soul Centre (registered school with Yoga Alliance) and a Yin Yoga Therapy Training Diploma as a component of Alexandra Denkinger M.D.(ACU) physical therapy practice, licensed and registered as Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture M.D.(ACU) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine, affiliated with Yoga Alliance as a registered yoga teacher (RYT 500) and owner of The Body-Mind-Soul Centre (RYS 200).
€1,650.00 – €2,899.00
An experience of a lifetime! It’s hard to find the words to describe this training. It was a mix of challenging, soul searching, beautiful, safe and so many other things. I truly feel so many of us came out the other side with a different view on life and yin yoga. Alex has such a beautiful approach to TCM and yin yoga, and she teaches it in a way that challenges the experienced and makes it understandable for beginner. The teachers are all very knowledgeable and inspiring. I loved every minute of my time here, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a yin yoga training.
Yin Yoga Therapy Ambassador in Norway