200 hour Yin & Yang in Balance | 3-28 Oct 2022 | Goa
€2,050.00 – €2,770.00
Yoga Foundations, Yin & Yang, Mindfulness
Want to find new ways to balance the body, mind & soul and broaden your skill set to encompass more than one kind of yoga?
Ultimately it is all about the balance. We need activity and rest. In this program we work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels to balance yin and yang in your yoga practice and your life.
It is essential to remember that no two bodies are alike, and that our needs vary from day to day. A key part of any yoga practice is to develop awareness which helps us to observe the daily changing needs (mental, emotional and physical) so that we can choose and adapt our yoga practice – more breath work, more meditation, more restorative yin or more active dynamic yang yoga asana – to these needs and to be able offer our students different options and alternatives.
By practicing Yin and Yang together, we are re-balancing the body, mind and soul at once, gaining fitness and practicing to listen closely. By finding balance in our physical yoga practice, we allow this experience to guide the way to find balance on an emotional and mental level. By working with our body and breath in different scenarios, we fine-tune our intuition and insight, and this in turn will allow us to deepen the understanding of our own and others well-being.
You will gain insight in the importance and joy of a balanced practice, and discover the different opportunities yoga provides to release physical and emotional tension and stress. Learn how to identify your students needs to adjust your teaching to a variety of diverse scenarios and challenges.
This training is designed to allow you to deepen your own practice and being able to teach the full spectrum yoga has to offer.
What you will learn
Yang Flow & Yin Yoga
Balance yin and yang in your yoga practice and your life
Yang Flow, a more dynamic yoga practice offers a wonderful active way of stimulating the vital energy (Chi or Prana) that flows through our bodies.
While a dynamic flow yoga practice is one of the most popular forms of yoga offered in the modern world nowadays, it is often not fully understood. As philosophy, the Yang Flow practice recognises the temporary nature of things. We enter into a posture, stay there for a few breaths and then leave in transition to the next pose.
Yang Flow Yoga offers a variety of postures, the classes have a dynamic and creative character. In fact, the variable nature of this dynamic style of yoga helps you to develop a more balanced body as well as prevent repetitive motion injuries that can happen out of a mechanical, fixed yoga sequence.
There are no particular body requirements to practice this style of yoga and it is NOT targeted to specific yogis, such as people with a particular body type or workout routine.
Through developing your own style of a Yang Flow practice, you will discover new ways to prepare yourself to stillness and meditation, you’ll be exploring the powerful benefits of combining breathwork techniques with poses, and therefore it will contribute to benefit the overall of your physical, emotional and mental wellbeing, alongside the physical benefits promoted by this dynamic style of yoga.
As the physical activity causes the body to sweat and expel toxins, the synchronised breathing calms the mind. Improving your cardio-vascular system and muscle strength as well as your flexibility are additional benefits of a Yang Flow practice.
Yin Yoga (also often titled as the other half of your practice) is a deep and meditative practice that enhances your awareness, allows you to feel more subtle energies and sensations, and teaches you to listen to your body closely.
You will learn Yin Yoga’s components and principles and you’ll get the chance to deepen your own practice in order to re balance your body and mind — unraveling energetic blockages, boosting the immunity system, lowering stress hormones so then you will feel re-energised at every level.
The stillness of the long held static stretches with relaxed muscles in Yin Yoga creates a deep awareness of body, mind and soul. By the emotional release of stress and tension stored on a physical level, in the connective tissues and fascia, Yin Yoga reverses the process of generating stress-related diseases, and stimulates high vibrational body energy that promotes emotional, physical and spiritual healing.
Yin Yoga activates our inner body intelligence in order to reach out to a blissful state of being, also well-known as “Zen”. It’s a natural process of self-healing that can reverse long term issues due to mental and physical patterns hard to letting go of.
In this training, you’ll be exploring the powerful and natural healing powers residing in your own body, mind and soul, and you’ll learn that by changing your energy vibrations, you will heal yourself on a long term perspective. The ancient healing wisdom of the Daoist Elements and the Chi flow in the body will be guiding you through a long lasting self-transformation.
Yin & Yang Flow together create the perfect balance of body, mind and soul.
By attending this Yin & Yang Teacher Training, you’ll learn the benefits of combining styles of yoga and you’ll be beautifully conveying to your students the common goal of these polar practices together: to purify, balance and harmonize the body, mind and soul. Processing, integrating and teaching in more than one style can both serve your students and enliven your own practice.
Overview and Focus
‘Yin & Yang in Balance’
Yoga Teacher Training
- Two styles of yoga at once – yang or dynamic yoga and yin or passive yoga – and use them both to nurture, balance and heal yourself and others. We offer an immersive yoga journey through dynamic yoga alongside yin yoga, learning the power of the Daoist elements alongside with Chakra and Breath Work and you’ll be exploring their powerful healing wisdom.
- Personal practice and gain hands on teaching experience in both styles.
- Foundations of a classical yoga teacher training, get a solid overview of the basics of yoga, its history, philosophy and ethics.
- Coordinate the movement with the breath to flow from one pose to the next in Vinyasa style. Expand your own vital life force energy through movement to clear your energy on a physical, mental and emotional level. You’ll learn the withdrawal of your senses and to flow with your students in the classroom.
- The precious art of sequencing your Yang Flow Yoga classes. You’ll learn all the main traditional pranayama techniques for your own and others’ wellbeing, and combine them within a contemporary dynamic yoga scenario to re-balance the chakras, and to diverse physical and emotional needs of yourself/your students.
- Embody mindfulness principles in your Yin yoga practice. You’ll learn all about mindfulness theory and practice to design mindfulness classes and guide your students through a mindful practice on the mat, and invite them to use mindfulness and additional tools like visualizations and mudras in their daily life to promote a long lasting transformation.
- Learn about Yin Yoga’s Oriental Medicine aspects, the Daoist Elements and the Chi flow. Get to know yin sequences according to the Elements and Meridians to integrate this ancient healing wisdom in your Yin yoga practice and teaching.
- Look into the Ayurvedic Dosha System, Doshas Analysis and Tips for well-being.
- For a complete package get to know the basic anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body, physiology and biomechanics principles & the theory of the exercise.
- A variety of different meditation techniques are offered as additional tools to support your teaching experience. We look into the Power of Visualization and Inspirational Breath, Metta Meditation, Heart Opening Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Mantras, Mudras and Chakras, Moon Rituals, Acupuncture Healing Sessions and Transformational Healing and Sharing Circles.
- The Art of Sharing and Connecting – you’ll be learning to create a healing circle to allow your students to heal and to connect with each other.
- And to take your yoga teaching to the next level we look into your professional development. Yoga Alliance’s Code of Conduct and the Credentialing Process will be discussed as well as Marketing For Yoga Teachers are offered alongside the art of promoting your own yoga & wellness retreats with tricks and tips for building a healthy and solid yoga business.
For an embodied experience of the theory behind the practice, students will start teaching both styles from the second week onwards. Stretched over a month, there is plenty of time for students to practice and refining their own teaching. The students will leave this Yin & Yang In Balance Yoga Training feeling confident, having gained a broad dynamic and yin yoga background being able to sequence Yang Flow Yoga and Yin Yoga classes, and lead creatively and intelligently classes in both styles.
What you will learn
Yin & Yang in Balance
Practice of Yin Yang Yoga
- The classic Yin & Yang Poses + variations
- Modifications and alternatives
- Special situations / Target areas / Meridians / Chakras
- The 7-point-asana-analysis-principle
The Art of Teaching Yin
- Intention / Expression / Context / Tools
- The art of leading a yin class / seduction to stillness
- The language of Yin
- Sequences for each meridian and Daoist element and their healing wisdom
- Students teaching practice – Embodied practical experience
- How to use Props in Yin Yoga / Special situations
The Art of Teaching Yang Flow
- Intention / Warm up / Context / Tools
- Directional language, tone of voice, cues and demo, extra verbal and body tools
- The art of sequencing a Yang Yoga class based on theme / chakra / peak pose / extra ideas to sequence a flow yoga class
- Breath work instructions and context
- Students teaching practice – Embodied practical experience
- Yoga Props for Yang Yoga
Basic anatomy & the Theory of excersice
- The physical theory of the practice
- Anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body
- Biomechanical principles, joints, their safe movements and stabilization, contraindications
- Physiology such as nervous system, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive systems, respiratory system
- Anatomical and intelligent alignment principles
- Aesthetic vs. functional alignment
- Everyone’s unique variation of the structure of our skeleton
- Compression vs tension
- Fascia and tensegrity
- The piezoelectric principle in the pose
- Mindfulness history, concept and practice
- Anatomy of the mind
- An invitation to mindful living
Self Healing Toolbox
- Learn about Meridians and the Chi flow
- Tools to transformation
- Dan Tien Healing Breath
- Basics of Oriental Medicine & Ayurveda
Yoga Foundation: History, Philosophy & Ethics:
- Overview of different yoga styles, history and people
- The 8 limbs of yoga and Patanjali yoga sutras
- Spiritual concepts
- Class management
- General professionalism
- Marketing and promotion
- Credentialing Process with Yoga Alliance
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Scope of Practice and Code of Conduct
- Equity in Yoga
Daily Yoga Practice
- Morning Yang Yoga
- Opportunity for Self-practice / Sadhana
- Different styles of dynamic yoga are explored and deepening the knowledge of Yang Flow Yoga
- Afternoon Yin Yoga Immersion
- Yang and Yin sequence and poses analysis
- Yang and Yin Yoga interactive workshops and student lead classes
- Different active meditations, Yoga Nidra, chanting, healing sessions, sharing circles, circles of transformation, mindful sunset walks…
200 hour Yoga Alliance Certificate
5-30 Oct 2020
With successful completion of the training students will receive a Yoga Alliance affiliated Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from The Body-Mind-Soul Centre (registered school with Yoga Alliance) and a Yin Yoga Therapy Training Diploma as a component of Alexandra Denkinger M.D.(ACU) physical therapy practice, licensed and registered as Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture M.D.(ACU) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine, affiliated with Yoga Alliance as a registered yoga teacher (RYT 500) and owner of The Body-Mind-Soul Centre (RYS 200).
Mandrem, Goa, India
Located in the heart of a serene seaside town is the beautiful Devarya Wellness Resort and its offspring Nalanda Retreat, where you can breathe, experience and live the yoga life. Devarya is spanning 7,000 square metres, the yoga retreat touching Morjim Beach is a peaceful sanctuary. Just a few kilometers down the beach north in the ‘yoga-mekka’ town Mandrem you find Nalanda, a beach property where we practice on the roof top shala with a stunning view.
€2,050.00 – €2,770.00