Aerial Flow Yoga
Have you been working on inversions, maybe even a headstand or forearm stand in yoga? Forget kicking up against a wall and think of this: The aerial yoga hammock wraps around your body and supports you in certain difficult poses, giving you the experience of how a pose should feel.
Imagine how much fun it is getting to play with some acrobatics. Suddenly you’re doing gymnastic tricks that you might not normally try without an assist from the suspension silk. You don’t need to be an acrobat -far from it- to learn and love our aerial flow yoga.
Here you find a complete introduction to the world of aerial yoga, where we combine the stillness of yoga with the skill and strength of aerial arts with special emphasis on conditioning and strengthening the body right from a beginners level and working up to reach an advance level. – Understanding how to translate traditional yoga postures into an aerial form with the help of the yoga hammock.
We are excited to collaborate with DEBOSHREE ROY CHOWDHURY, an expert in the air and founder of Studio Naach for this Aerial Flow Yoga Teacher Training.
In this Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Course you will learn all the foundations of teaching aerial yoga, the safety measures needed and how to create an aerial set up for yourself. Special emphasis on understanding how to become stronger through a training regime that suits your body, ways to help your body recover faster and more than anything, how to fly and become a pro at aerial yoga!
Benefits of Aerial Flow
- Aerial Flow is great for spinal decompression and hence great for anyone who is seeking relief from lower back pain, neck pain and shoulder stiffness.
- It challenges the central nervous system and enhances our mental capability.
- Very effective for core strengthening and toning and mobility of upper body.
- A key benefit is that it gives you an adrenaline rush while being against gravity. It also releases “happy” hormones like endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, which can help to lift your mood and also make you feel more energetic.
- It also improves the circulation of blood, thus combating aging and its symptoms. Aerial yoga also helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which lowers the onset of various cardiovascular issues.
- It is the perfect addition to a yin yoga practice as it complements your practice with more upper body exercise and inversions.
What you will learn
Aerial Flow Yoga
The entire curriculum is an amalgamation of aerial techniques and traditional yoga poses and how it can train the body and mind in new and challenging ways. All of the asana that are present and passed down from time immemorial, have their own version in Aerial Flow Yoga.
Some of the main asanas that remain a constant through the class are:
- Hanging Headstand – SIRSHASANA
- Shoulderstand – SARVANGASANA
- Bow Pose – DHANURASANA
- Extended Leg Stretch – UPAVISHTHAKONASANA
- Half Pigeon Pose – ARDHA KAPOTASANA
- Warrior Pose – VIRABHADRASANA
While the aerial practice itself has a strong dynamic muscle strengthening foundation, our fluid flexibility classes are specially designed to enhance your flexibility. Using the help of soothing music to aid students in finding the connection from one asana to the next. It isn’t the asana in itself that is of utmost importance but the way it is executed and the state of the mind while executing it. Each body is different and must be given the space and time to express itself in its best possible way.
You will receive guidance on how to become the best teacher possible, challenging and encouraging your students while recognizing their personal abilities, honoring their boundaries and creating a safe space where learning and fun can be combined.
What else to expect:
- 2 Aerial Flow Yoga classes per day
- Instruction on how to guide an aerial class with people of varying levels
- Understanding the hammock and basics of Rigging
- Deep flexibility routines
- Restoration at the end of the day
- Movement therapy on select days
- Receive an extensive manual on Aerial Flow Yoga with over 200 images
Deboshree Roy Chowdhury
About the Teacher
Deboshree Roy Chowdhury is a professional aerialist and dancer with a background of over 10 years spent in training. She has been trained in yoga throughout her dancing career. Her aerial career comprises of various teachers, yogis and acrobats from all over the world including learning from ex Cirque Du Soleil artists.
Deboshree has been teaching extensively and passionately to help people grow stronger and go deeper into the craft of Aerial and how it can help the entire body train in a more holistic way with a balanced approach towards strength and flexibility with breath awareness.
Deboshree about herself:
“My main aim is to make people conquer their fears and become stronger mentally and physically. For that purpose, aerial flow is my means. To fly, to do anything that is anti gravity requires not just strength but also the courage to let go of a lot of our fears. And in doing so and conquering our fears in one facet of our lives, we trickle that confidence into all arenas of our life, creating a base for a stronger mind which can then walk the path of meditation and understanding the self fearlessly. Trusting one’s body is of key importance and through aerial flow, I have begun to see that marvellous change in the lives of my students and its my deepest desire to spread that knowledge furthermore.”
Yoga alliance Continuing Education Program
With successful completion of the training students will receive a Yoga Alliance affiliated Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from The Body-Mind-Soul Centre (registered school with Yoga Alliance) and an Aerial Flow Yoga Diploma from Deboshree Roy Chowdhury, founder and director of Studio Naach, a versatile performing company specialized in Aerial Theatre combining elements of dance, theatre, aerial, yoga and poetry.
Arpora, Goa, India
Resorte Marinha Dourada
Resorte Marinha Dourada is inspired by timeless Portuguese architecture and provides the perfect escapade from the humdrum of city life. Exuding laid back Goa vibes, the resort with its placid lake views, helps you in indulge in the typical Goan culture and heritage. Located about 39 kilometres from the Dabolim airport, this picturesque resort is the perfect location to help you have an idyllic vacationing experience. Guests can enjoy luxury at its finest at the rooms which come with cosy sit-outs that overlooks the private lake which borders the resort.
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 20 Nov-1 dec 2020 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 4-15 Dec 2020 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 12-23 feb 2021 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 19-30 Mar 2021 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 10-21 Sep 2021 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 12-23 Nov 2021 | Goa
100 hour Aerial Flow Yoga | 10-21 Dec 2021 | Goa